This is the curriculum plan for Year 1 in 2020/2021. Each topic is delivered for a half term (typically 6-8 weeks). They each start with a different stimulus, whether that be a book, film, experience, visit or visitor. The teachers then plan the children's learning around this theme.
Topic plans in school
These are the topic plans for each term. The teacher's have highlighted what they would hope the children learn in each topic.
- Y1T1 who goes down to the woods School
- Y1T2 do you know your fairytales School
- Y1T3 Around the World in 80 days school
- Y1T4 What is on the horizon school
- Y1T5 What happens when we are not home School
- Y1T6 What is beyond our world school
Topic webs for Activities at home...
These are our plans for parents to support learning at home. They outline activities that can be done in the home of when the family is out and about in the community. All of these activities will offer children experiences which would support children's learning.
- Y1T1 who goes down to the woods parents
- Y1T2 Do you now your faiy tales Parents
- Y1T3 Around the World in 80 days parents
- Y1T4 Whats on the horizon parents
- Y1T5 What happens when we are not home Parents
- Y1T6 What is beyond our world Parents
Remote and Blended Learning for Year 1
The teacher will post a remote / blended learning plan below, each week. This plan will cover activities which can be carried out at home if your child can not access learning at school.
We would ask that work, once complete, is uploaded to your child's SeeSaw journal.
Before your child is able to complete remote or blended learning you will need to:
1. Down load the SeeSaw family app so that you can communicate with your child's class teacher
2. Down load the SeeSaw class app so that your child can upload their work for marking
3. Know how to access Maths whizz and know your child's username and password
4. Know how to access Bug Club and know your child's username and password.
5. Ensure you know the school password for the closed pages on this website.
Below is a video by the Youtube sensation Mr P explaining how SeeSaw app works:
Websites and App can be accessed from here: